8th March 2017
Job Role: CASTS Community Manager
Location: Hosted by Seedcamp
Role: Capital Enterprise are looking to recruit a Capital Accelerate & Scale Tech Superstars (CASTS) Community Manager. You will be tasked to assist with the day-to-day running of the project and work closely with the Project Manager to make sure the project runs smoothly.
Duration: This role will last for 2 years
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for providers of enterprise support services in London. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members. Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs. Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
CASTS Programme Summary
CASTS aims to create a pathway, unique in the UK, where ambitious and able tech start-ups receive the support to build up their team, management and leadership capacity, develop and test their world class technology/product, achieve good market traction, raise seed investment and prove their businesses model (how they make money) is both repeatable and scalable. CASTS is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund
The Community Manager will get the opportunity to work alongside high growth technology companies throughout programmes. This role is for an individual who wants to immerse themselves in a vibrant startup ecosystem and get real, hands-on experience within the fast-moving accelerator world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Building relationships with startups and assisting with the day-to-day programme operations
- Manage and maintain the Alumni channel by providing engaging content and responding to queries
- Organise regular webinars for alumni with engaging content and speakers
- Implement and execute new alumni-centric engagement and communication initiatives
- Work with Events Specialist to create and run the annual flagship events and other community events
- Track and provide evidence of support provided to startups as part of CASTS program
- Create new ways to engage with 350+ alumni companies and support their continued growth
- 2+ years experience in a community management role
- Strong writing skills and communication skills
- Flexible with high levels of commitment
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to help with whatever may be needed
- Take charge and deliver on your own; be proactive and independent
- Startups: Knowledgeable of the accelerator market and passionate about startups
- Detail Oriented: must be extremely detail oriented and execute tasks with great accuracy
- Knowledge of startup accelerators
Salary will be £25,000 – 36,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in monthly instalments
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
Annual leave is 20 working days for a full time member of staff in addition to Bank Holidays per year
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to Barbora Kvackova at Barbora@capitalenterprise.org