Job Role: CASTS Scientist in Residence
Role: Capital Enterprise are looking to recruit a Capital Accelerate & Scale Tech Superstars (CASTS) Scientist in Residence. You will be tasked to assist with the day-to-day running of the project and work closely with the Project Manager to make sure the project runs smoothly.
Duration: This role will last for 2 years
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for providers of enterprise support services in London. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members. Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs. Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
CASTS Programme Summary
CASTS aims to create a pathway, unique in the UK, where ambitious and able tech start-ups receive the support to build up their team, management and leadership capacity, develop and test their world class technology/product, achieve good market traction, raise seed investment and prove their businesses model (how they make money) is both repeatable and scalable. CASTS is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working as part of a small team consisting of other scientists, business analysts and entrepreneurs, the person involved with be largely responsible for understanding, communicating and aiding in the technical development of early stage biotech startups. As part of a job description, the candidate will be expected to:
● Source investment opportunities within the scientific community.
● Carry out scientific due diligence where necessary.
● Maintain a small but dynamic lab to ensure needs are met, records of purchases are kept while health and safety protocols are maintained.
● Schedule and organise meetings within the organisation as part of daily operations.
● Work with entrepreneurial scientists and academic/industrial partners to ensure maximum benefits for the companies involved.
● Travel to conferences and events
• The ideal candidate will have a PhD in a bioscience discipline, preferably with experience in the area of cell and tissue culture.
• Scientists with experience in stem cell work are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Great writing skills and clear communication will be highly valued.
• Startups: Knowledgeable of the accelerator market and passionate about startups
• Knowledge of startup accelerators
Salary will be £25,000 – 35,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in monthly installments
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
Annual leave is 20 working days for a full time member of staff in addition to Bank Holidays per year
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to Nathan McNally, email@example.com