Job Role: OneTech Research Monitor
Location:to be confirmed – Central London
Role: We are on the lookout for a diligent Research Monitor, who can support us with the monitoring of and insight into Capital Enterprise’ ever-growing OneTech project. This is the ideal role for someone seeking to gain data analysis / research experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, as well as someone who’s passionate about diversity and supporting entrepreneurs from underrepresented backgrounds.
Duration: This role will last for 12 Months
We are London’s start-up experts, connecting and energising a world-class entrepreneurship ecosystem. We are a body of connectors, influencers, investors and policy-makers, collaborating to super-charge London’s start-up scene. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are mission-driven and a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members.
Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both prestart and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs.
Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
OneTech seeks to support underrepresented tech founders across London. One of our main goals is to double the number of female and BAME-led tech start-ups raising investment through our programmes. Over the course of the project – supported by JPMorgan and Mayor of London – we will connect and support underrepresented entrepreneurs through mentoring, access to pre-acceleration and investment readiness support and workspace. We also help navigate founders around the rest of the tech ecosystem. We are thought leaders, driving conversation, communities and action to change the face of start-ups. To find out more about the support OneTech offer and how you can get involved, please visit our website: www.weareonetech.org, or follow us of Twitter: @weareonetech.
Loughborough University London
Loughborough University is renowned for its excellence in research, teaching and enterprise; the unique contribution it makes to the world of sport and the links it holds with business, industry and policymakers ensures that the University and its activities have a tangible positive impact on issues worldwide.
In addition to the main campus in Loughborough, we also have Loughborough University London, an inspiring postgraduate campus located on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, that enhances the University’s existing world-class partnerships and excellence in research. Academics at the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (@IIElborolondon) gather and analyse data across the spectrum of entrepreneurial actors, behaviour and organisational innovation, and evaluate relationships to business growth and sustainability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish strong working relationships with OneTech participants, providing responsive support throughout their involvement with OneTech
- Work closely with OneTech team and partner delivery organisations to track, record, and regularly report the registration numbers, demographics, programme participation, and economic outcomes of participants across all OneTech programmes.
- Create templates and maintain documents to facilitate and systematise this process, in line with GDPR and Capital Enterprise data protection standard procedures.
- Maintain oversight of all OneTech programme activity and communicate as needed
- Regular communication with delivery team, programme participants and mentors to collect data on programme participants experience of OneTech activity (workshops, founder weekends, mentoring, etc.) and key economic outcomes, e.g. jobs created, investment raised, increases in revenue generation. Web research as needed.
- Data collection before, during and after events and programmes, e.g. evaluation surveys
- Act as primary liaison between Capital Enterprise OneTech team and Loughborough University London research team, managing proactive, clear and regular communication
- Daily and monthly check-ins with the team and research lead
- Other participant, delivery team and partner communication as needed.
- Support with other OneTech activity on an ad hoc basis: event logistics, branding and marketing, other admin-related tasks
- Comfortable with numbers and quantitative, logical reasoning
- Familiar with presenting and analysing data
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Hardworking, driven and persistent
- Proactive and organised, with eye for detail
- Passion for diversity and inclusion
- Ability to creatively present graphical data (infographics)
- Comfortable speaking in public, cold calling and emailing
- Ability to use CRM, survey and graphics programmes including: Active Campaign, Canva, Typeform, Mentimeter.
Salary will be £22000 to £26000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in monthly installments
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
You will be entitled to 25 working days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum, as well as additional time off between Christmas and New Year.
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 24thSeptember and interviews will be held on W/C 30thSeptember.