26th August 2016
Job Role: CASTS Programme Associate (FT-Fixed term Contract)
Role: Capital Enterprise are looking to recruit a Capital Accelerate & Scale Tech Superstars (CASTS) Programme Associate. You will be tasked to assist with the day-to-day running of the project and work closely with the Project Manager to make sure the project runs smoothly.
Duration: This role will last for 2 years
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for providers of enterprise support services in London. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members. Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs. Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
CASTS Programme Summary
CASTS aims to create a pathway, unique in the UK, where ambitious and able tech start-ups receive the support to build up their team, management and leadership capacity, develop and test their world class technology/product, achieve good market traction, raise seed investment and prove their businesses model (how they make money) is both repeatable and scalable. CASTS is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund
The Associate will get the opportunity to work alongside high growth technology companies throughout programmes and act as an additional team member. You will attend workshops and day to day programme content.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the day-to-day programme operations and assisting start ups in any areas of need
- Taking meeting minutes and organising office space for events
- Identifying needs and preparing for upcoming events
- Organising meetings and running logistics for mentor visits etc
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
- Ensure adherence to the company’s equalities and diversity policy
- 2+ years experience in a business support role
- Administrative experience within a Higher Education Institution
- Experience of reporting on EU/EC funded projects
- Strong writing skills and communication skills
- Flexible with high levels of commitment
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to help with whatever may be needed
- Take charge and deliver on your own; be proactive and independent
- Startups: Knowledgeable of the accelerator market and passionate about startups
- knowledge of startup accelerators
Salary will be £16,000 – 18,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in monthly instalments
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
Annual leave is 20 working days for a full time member of staff in addition to Bank Holidays per year
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to Nathan McNally at Nathan@capitalenterprise.org