Job Role: CASTS Project Officer (Maternity Cover)
Location: Techspace, 25 Luke St, London EC2A 4DS
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for providers of enterprise support services in London. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members. Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs. Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
CASTS Programme Summary
CASTS aims to create a pathway, unique in the UK, where ambitious and able tech start-ups receive the support to build up their team, management and leadership capacity, develop and test their world class technology/product, achieve good market traction, raise seed investment and prove their businesses model (how they make money) is both repeatable and scalable. CASTS is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the project together with the CASTS Project Manager
- Filing project records
- Assist with reports on outputs for the project
- Responsible for database management, e.g. input new and update existing data on the customer relationship management database
- To assist the CASTS Project Manager with all communication through clear verbal and written correspondence with partners, service providers, staff, contractors and SMEs.
- Arrange meetings, meeting rooms & catering as required
- To undertake administrative tasks involved in all aspects of events organisation, including booking speakers and liaising to ensure their requirements are met, the booking of rooms, ordering of catering, production of delegate packs and name badges etc.
- To carry out publicity opportunities (relating to press releases for published papers, speaking at conferences and commenting on Government policy initiatives) are co-ordinated across the institutions to ensure efficient and effective management and appropriate publicity for all institutions involved;
- Assist the Project Manger in creating the quarterly claim
- To assist with event related travel and accommodation arrangements
- Manage the registration process for events using our online Events Management system and provide basic reports
- Attend all events organised by the team to assist with event delivery. This will include events outside normal working hours
- Data entry and ensuring the existing data in the database is accurate
- To undertake other tasks as appropriate as directed by the CASTS Project Manager and CEO
- Applicants must have a minimum of Undergraduate Degree or equivalent
- A high level of oral and written communication and numeracy is required
- Ability work on own initiative, with minimal supervision and able to priorities own workload
- Excellent use of all Microsoft Office-suite programmes and the internet
- Tact and discretion in the handling of highly confidential and sensitive information
- A high level of accuracy and consistent attention to detail
- Proven flexibility and an ability to priorities a busy workload
- Ability to successfully manage a variety of tasks to deadline and to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to communicate well with people and develop effective working relationships
- Administration experience within a European Funded Project
- Experience of event coordination and/or marketing and communications
Salary will be £23,000 – £25,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in 12 monthly installments
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
This role is until end July 2019 with the hope to extend
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
Annual leave is 20 working days for a full time member of staff in addition to Bank Holidays per year
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to Lizzy Robins at Lizzy@capitalenterprise.org