Job Role: Scale Up Mentor & Coaching Manager – Maternity Cover
Role: Capital Enterprise are looking to recruit a Capital Accelerate & Scale Tech Superstars (CASTS) Scale Up Mentor & Coaching Manager Maternity Cover.
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for providers of enterprise support services in London. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members. Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs. Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
CASTS Programme Summary
CASTS aims to create a pathway, unique in the UK, where ambitious and able tech start-ups receive the support to build up their team, management and leadership capacity, develop and test their world class technology/product, achieve good market traction, raise seed investment and prove their businesses model (how they make money) is both repeatable and scalable. CASTS is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund
Space Camp – the CASTS team you’ll be joining
Backed by ’ , the worlds leading SpaceTech Venture Fund,is dedicated to the rapidly growing SpaceTech start-up sector. Space Camp is a ‘VC Mind-set’ accelerator delivered by the CASTS team, with the opportunity for significant space corporate exposure for start-ups.
The programme kicked off in May 2018 and successfully wrapped up the first Cohort in July 2018, now looking to setup the grounds for the second programme running in London, September – November 2018.
Being part of the Seraphim Space Camp team
You will play a key role in running the acceleration programme(s) and work closely with the core team to make sure the project runs smoothly and to the desired outcomes.
This is a maternity cover role,but we are open to discuss your further involvement with the company when this stage comes to an end (as we aim to expand internationally in the upcoming years).
We’re searching for someone who has:
- Genuine passion about entrepreneurship and spacetech
- knowledge of the accelerator market or operational experience
- 2+ years of experience in a business support role in startups, tech companies or close industries
- Excellent organizational skills
- A friendly, helpful and enthusiastic attitude and is generally a very efficientcommunicator
- London-base or is able to move for the duration of the role (September 2018 – April 2019)
- Experience in startup accelerator programmes
- Knowledge of the core expertise needed in giving advice to SMEs
- A phenomenal multi-tasker who is happy to take initiative but who can work easily with a team
- Proven experience as a self-starter and ability to hit the ground running
- Excellent English language skills
- Computer skills –the more the better (Office package, Asana, Eventbrite, Photoshop / Adobe Illustrator, Mailchimp are some examples)
- Ability to recommend new services, productivity toolsor applications to improve work and communications for our team and startups
- Interest and experience in evaluating start-up pitch decks
Your Responsibilities will include:
OPERATIONS & STRATEGY
- Work around the programme structure and so that it meets the desired KPIs
- Managing the delivery of the scheduled sessions to match the resources allocated (human and capital)
- Leveraging the mentor relationships and delivery of various sessions- Office Hours, keynotes, founder social events etc
- Manage the internal processes in working with the startups, mentors, and our network
- Assist the Seraphim Capital and Space Camp teams and companies in various other tasks
- Core role in the organization of Pitch and Demo Days
- Manage the relationship with the speakers, partners involvement, attendees
- Attend key partner events and represent the company at various other engagements
- Various research tasks (industry reports, potential speakers, sponsorship opportunities etc)
- Support to internal communications and social media, website content, events content and blog
- Salary will be based on the level of experience and paid in monthly instalments.
Hours of Work
Annual leave is 20 working days for a full time member of staff in addition to Bank Holidays per year
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to Ioana Craescu at firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for applications are by 31st of August.
Be sure to include examples why you’re the best person for this role.
Best of Luck!