7th October 2016
Job Role: “Green Light” Manager
Location: IdeaLondon, 69 Wilson Street, London, EC2A 2BB
Start Date: 13th November 2016
Role: Capital Enterprise is looking to recruit an individual with some experience as either a founder or senior employee of a start-up who is now looking for an opportunity to work with and for investors. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get on the first step on the ladder to a career in the London Venture Capital industry.
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for providers of enterprise support services in London. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members. Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs. Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
Green Light Programme
The “Green Light” programme is a 6 week programme that leads selected start-ups through a series of investor led workshops and 1-2-1 advice sessions whilst simultaneously introducing the participants to London’s leading seed and series A stage investors. The programme is free to participating start-ups and is part-funded by European Regional Development Fund via the CASTS programme. The aim is to help tech start-ups based in London to prepare for and raise a seed round between £250K-£1.5m from the programmes participating Business Angels and VC’s including London Co-Investment Fund.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote the Green Light programme to start-ups and manage and grow the list of university, accelerator, incubator and investor referral partners.
- Assist in the assessment and selection of participating tech start-ups. (Training on the Due Diligence process will be provided by the CEO)
- Manage the enrolment of the start-ups on the programme, including all CASTS related administration requirements.
- Set and organise the programme’s schedule of workshops,1-2-1 advice sessions and “meet the investor” sessions.
- Manage the process of introducing start-ups to the programs participating investors including correspondence, meetings and follow-ups.
- Reporting on progress of start-ups clients towards securing investments and gathering “evidence of impact”.
- Work closely and in harmony with the full Capital Enterprise team including events co-ordinator, LCIF investment manager and CASTS management and delivery team.
The person selected for this role will need:
- To be educated to at least degree level.
- To have demonstrable interest in Tech start-ups.
- To have at least a basic understanding of the start-up fund raising process (although training will be available)
- To have excellant organisational and project management skills.
- To have the drive and ambition to make a career in tech start-up support and investment.
- Relevant experience of working in a senior position in a start-up or organisation that supports start-ups.
We would welcome applications from applicants willing to job share.
Salary will be £31,000 – £35,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in 12 monthly instalments
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
Annual leave is 20 working days for a full time member of staff in addition to Bank Holidays per year
How to Apply
Capital Enterprise is a equal opportunity and diversity employer and would very much like to employ someone qualified for this position from one of London’s diverse communities.
To apply please email a CV or Linkedin profile alongside a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the position to: Barbora@capitalenterprise.org