IDEALondon (Innovation and Digital Enterprise Alliance London) is a post accelerator workspace run by a world class partnership of Cisco, University College London and EDF Energy, managed by Capital Enterprise. With light-touch, high relevance support, IDEALondon offers a unique mix of expertise and experience to enable digital startups to flourish.
We define the IDEALondon experience from the very beginning. As the Front of house and Operations Coordinator you will need to show high standard of hospitality and an ability to deal with a variety of questions in a friendly manner. You will be good with names faces and recall who is in the building at any given time. You will have high attention to detail, be a confident administrator and be willing to embrace new technology. The Front of House and Operations Coordinator will ensure IDEALondon always looks it’s best and continues to be a great place for our startups to work.
Front of house
- Manage the reception desk, welcoming all visitors and directing them to the correct place
- Develop and maintain a full and up to date knowledge of all partners and startups that pass through IDEALondon
- Maintain up-to-date list of all those in the building at any given point in time
- Process room bookings and maintain the room calendars in a detailed and specific format
- Act as initial point of contact for all enquiries in person, by telephone or by email and treat these quickly, thoroughly and with politeness and courtesy
- Manage incoming post and deliveries
- Maintain tidiness and cleanliness throughout the workspace at all times
- Clean and reset all meeting rooms and event space after use
- Maintain the flow of energy (coffee) and hydration (water) for our startups
- Keep our plants alive!
- Onboard all new IDEALondon members
- Keep records up to date for new and existing IDEALondon members, including but not limited to application documents and personnel information
- Be responsible for security and access to the space, keeping records up to date
- Key point of contact for external companies e.g. cleaners and caterers
- Log any maintenance issues with the space
- Liaise with our technical department to assist with any technical issues
- Order stationary, consumables and other supplies, ensuring stock levels are never low
- Assist with events which may take place outside of regular office hours (with compensation)
- Arrange furniture layout in rooms for events (workshops, conferences etc.)
- Book catering for meetings & community events
- Experience in a previous customer focussed, front of house or hospitality role
- Friendly, personable and outgoing manner
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with people on all levels and with all different backgrounds, from students to fortune 500 CEOs
- A proactive problem solver who is able to adapt to an ever changing environment
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and calmly under pressure
- Able to lift heavy objects to set up for events
- Strong administrative skills
Nice to haves
- Strong interest in the tech startup ecosystem in London
- Experience working with Microsoft office software
- Experience of working in a fast paced commercial environment
- Experience working with startups & corporates who have high expectations and demands!
- Understanding of how things work within a Higher Education Institution
Salary will be £18,000 to £22,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in monthly insallments
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week. 8am-4pm Monday – Friday.
You will be entitled to 20 working days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum, as well as additional time off between Christmas and New Year.
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to Lizzy@capitalenterprise.org
The closing date for applications is 12:00 on Friday 3rd May 2019.