Role: Data Scientist
This role is part-funded by the ERDF
Gyana uses machine learning to make Big Data analysis available to all businesses, during their everyday lives. We have created a broad range of technologies that use deep mathematical analysis models combined with machine learning to enable real time insights, helping businesses navigate the world around them.
We started Gyana to change the way business operate in the digital world. Our intuitive, cloud-based software connects people with the right information, anytime and anywhere. We’re proud to be working with business across the UK, from two stores to two thousand stores – we’re just getting started!
We require a Data Scientist who will be focusing on spatial data, extracted from connected sensors and devices, incorporating information from millions of people. They will devise an machine learning approach to extract a signal on human behaviour at an individual level from this data and implement these techniques at production scale and capacity. A successful candidate will lay the groundwork for these approaches and grow the Gyana data science team.
- MSc / PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning (or a high quantitative discipline)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in data science role or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of having led a team
- Solid background in data structures, and object-oriented programming
- Experience working with geo-spatial data
- Understanding of machine learning fundamentals and deep learning, statistical learning, regressions, neural networks and classification algorithms
- Implementation experience in machine learning algorithms and applications
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Good knowledge of data architecture and workflows
- Familiar with AWS and Google Cloud stack
- Eager to learn new algorithms, new application areas and new tools.
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with big data architectures and fundamentals of distributed computing
- Familiar with Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce etc.
How to apply: Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the reference “KEEP07” in the subject line
Issue date: Thursday 22nd March 2018
Closing date: Monday 30th April 2018