Knowledge Exchange & Embed Partnership Broker Job Advertisement
Job Role: Knowledge Exchange & Embed Partnership Broker
Role: Capital Enterprise will recruit a Knowledge Exchange & Embed Partnership (KEEP) Broker. They will be tasked to source and then match AI academics and students to positions in London based AI Startups and Scale-ups in order to carry out specific and agreed 6-24 month Research & Development projects. The Keep Brokers will also assist with the day-to-day running of the project and work closely with the Project Manager to make sure the project runs smoothly.
Duration: This role will last for 2 years
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for providers of enterprise support services in London. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members. Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs. Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
CAP-AI Programme Summary
CAP-AI will be led by Capital Enterprise and delivered in partnership with Digital Catapult and Barts Health Trust and in collaboration with London’s universities.
The Alan Turing Institute and Tech City are strategic partners and member of the advisory group.
The overall aim of the project is to help AI and Machine learning start ups to access the technical expertise, data and computation power, knowledge and innovation they need to survive and scale.
There are 2 interlinked areas of activity:
- Knowledge exchange brokerage to enable start ups to tap into specialist AI and Machine Learning knowledge, research and talent coming out of London’s universities
- Innovation brokerage to enable start ups to access high performance computing power and data through a Machine Learning Computation Lab and to engage in ‘data study groups’ bringing together corporates, industry, academics and start ups.
The project kicks off in July and over the Summer the KEEP broker will work with London’s universities to identify researchers and academics with AI and Machine Learning specialisms who are looking to work in a Startup or who are spinning companies out – and then working with the startups to understand their AI and Machine learning research and knowledge needs (now and in the future).
He or she will then be endeavouring to ‘match’ these two so as to establish first ‘Knowledge Exchange and Embed Partnerships’ (KEEPs) in the Autumn. The Innovation Internships and Fellowships will come on stream in 2018. The KEEPs will be between 6 and 24 months duration; fellowships 24 months and innovation internships 12 weeks.
In parallel, Digital Catapult will be scoping out and developing a Machine Learning and Computation Lab (and associated support for AI and ML start ups) and developing a new collaborative / market place approach which will bring together high level academics, corporates and start ups to address societal and industrial challenges using data.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifying, engaging, assessing and registering on to the program eligible AI Start-ups and Scale-ups
- Assisting and advising the programmes AI startup/ scale-ups to develop a R&D project that would be both impactful for the company and attractive to an AI academic/student.
- Identifying, engaging, assessing and registering on to the program eligible/ suitably qualified Academics and Students
- Matching and then placing the right academic with the right project in the most appropriate AI Start-up/ Scale-up.
- Monitoring the delivery of the project and assessing impact.
- Representing the CAP- AI project to the London AI community.
- 2+ years experience in supporting innovation focused businesses
- Great knowledge about AI and Machine Learning.
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Exceptional and proven writing and communication skills
- Take charge and deliver on your own; be proactive and independent
- Startups: Knowledgeable of the startup pathway and passionate about startups
- Previous Work in an AI company.
- Relevant Academic Qualifications.
Salary will be £43,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in monthly instalments
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
Annual leave is 20 working days for a full time member of staff in addition to Bank Holidays per year
How to Apply
To apply for the vacancy send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
12pm 19th July 2017