Role: Software Engineer
Motilent is a medical imaging analysis company that specialises in objective evaluation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) data. Motilent is unusual in its space because it tackles relatively underserved disease areas like digestive health (specifically Crohn’s Disease) that cost the NHS huge amounts of money through indecision in how patients are managed.
We are currently in the process of taking our first CE marked medical device (GIQuant®) to market and are now looking to begin work on our web-based platform. We have a number of key areas suitable for interns.
We are looking for interns with the following qualities:
- A fundamental interest in technology and software engineering
- A commitment to continue development of their skillset
- An enthusiasm for technology and its potential to drive improvements in healthcare
We are looking for interns with the following skills at some level:
- experience with a distributed version control system (e.g. Git or Mercurial)
- ability to write code along with tests and documentation
- experience with container technology (Docker)
- experience with web application development, specifically:
o using Python, MongoDB and Redis for backend development
This is an opportunity to learn and apply technical skills within a growing start-up. Crucially the intern will also be exposed to many aspects of working in a small business including fund-raising, decision making and business development.
How to apply: