China is the fastest growing and most dynamic global market for emerging digital technologies. With 854 million internet users, a vibrant consumer economy, and a supportive policy regime, the Chinese market offers significant opportunities for UK-based tech innovators. China has seen large scale investment into telecoms infrastructure and 5G, along with the widespread deployment of IoT, AI and blockchain technologies across many sectors.
International collaboration plays a critical role in China’s innovation ecosystem. Leading Chinese tech companies work closely with overseas suppliers, start-ups, academic institutions, and investors. The UK is recognised as the leading European hub of tech investment and innovation. The UK has increasingly vibrant ecosystem of start-ups, with particular strengths in AI and data analytics, IC design, IoT, fintech, medtech, and a variety of technologies and sector applications. There are significant synergies between the UK’s innovation strengths and China’s appetite to deploy technology on a massive scale.
About the UK-China Tech Accelerator
The UK-China Tech Accelerator is a tailored programme for UK-based tech start-ups and scale-ups to explore the China opportunity and connect digitally with Chinese clients, partners and investors. The accelerator will recruit 5 cohorts in total, focused on the following sectors:
• Artificial Intelligence
• IoT/Smart Manufacturing
• Creative/Media Tech
6 companies will be selected for each programme cohort. Each company will have the opportunity to:
• Participate in an online roadshow event and pitch to a virtual room of senior Chinese tech executives/investors.
• Join a series of pre-event briefings on doing business in China
• Engage directly with expert China advisers
• Gain unique insights into doing business in China.
• Access to tailored sector/market information.
• Translation of corporate materials
Sector Themes & Programme Schedule
They are seeking applications for UK-headquartered tech companies focused on AI, IoT, Creative/Media Tech, Fintech and Medtech. Applications from companies with the following will also be considered favourably:
• Generating a minimum annual turnover of £100,000
• >10 UK employees
• Recent export experience (particularly China or APAC related).
• Registered IP (patents) Delegates will be selected by a specially selected panel for each programme cohort. CBBC reserves the right to disqualify any company that fails to provide adequate proof of programme eligibility. There is a commitment fee of £300+VAT for companies selected to take part in the accelerator programme*. CBBC Member companies will receive a special 50% discount on this fee. Click HERE to register for this programme.
To download an information pack, please click UK-China Tech Accelerator – Information for Applicants
To apply for this programme please click the following link: UK-China Tech Accelerator – Application Form
For further information or enquiries please contact CBBC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org