Job Role: IdeaLondon Centre Manager
Location: IdeaLondon, 69 Wilson Street, London, EC2A 2BB
Start Date: ASAP
Role: Capital Enterprise has an opening for an organised and outgoing individual, to manage the day to day operations of the Innovation Hub, IDEALondon.
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for providers of enterprise support services in London. We exist to support entrepreneurs and businesses in London. We are a not-for profit organisation owned by, and run for the benefit of, members. Capital Enterprise and its members provide a wide range of support services including advice, training, mentoring, accelerator programmes, specialist technical expertise, networking, soft loan finance and incubator accommodation to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small businesses in all 33 London Boroughs. Capital Enterprise is funded through members subscriptions, third party sponsorship and by income received from public/private sector partners to develop, pilot and manage innovative programmes that support enterprises and entrepreneurs in London.
IdeaLondon is a striking space that fosters innovation and the community that surrounds it from the heart of Tech City. Ran by a world-classs partnership of Cisco and UCL and Managed by Capital Enterprise – IdeaLondon runs a programme that supports digital startups and hosts a diverse range of events. IdeaLondon Startups are offered light-touch, high-relevance support and are introduced to relevant contacts and given access to opportunities, investment, promotion, mentorship as well as tailored training and consultancy.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Centre Manager will be responsible for:
• Delivering monthly and annual P&L
• Managing all day to day affairs of the space
• Managing a small team of staff
• Sitting on the IdeaLondon Ops Board
• Managing all marketing and sales activities for memberships and sales of event venue
• Managing member occupancy at sustainable levels
• Managing levels of Event Venue use
• Ensuring the high ‘community spirit’ at the co-working space is maintained
• Establishing and maintaining relationships across the Startup community and partners
• Working with partnering organisations to maximise opportunities and benefits for our members
The person selected for this role will:
• Have an understanding of startups and London startup community
• Be well organised, able to manage people and projects in a dynamic environment
• Entrepreneur at heart
• Energetic outgoing personality (a ‘people person’), able to work with other strong personalities
• Previous P&L responsibility
• Ability to work with senior decision makers at large organisations as well as taking care of the ‘day to day’ minutia of managing a large co-working space
• Relevant experience of working in a senior position in a start-up or organisation that supports start-ups.
Salary will be £33,000 – £36,000 depending on experience
Salary will be paid in 12 monthly installments
Appointments are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 9 months.
Hours of Work
Full time hours average 40 hours per week
Annual leave is 20 working days for a full time member of staff in addition to Bank Holidays per year
How to Apply
To apply please email a CV or Linkedin profile alongside a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the position to: Carly@capitalenterprise.org
Created on 14 Feb 2017
Expires on 3 Mar 2017
Viewed: 0 times