ERDF Consultancy Brief: EcoMachines Marketing Coach for Accelerator Programme
Capital Accelerator Programme is a Mayor of London ERDF funded initiative led and managed by Capital Enterprise and UCL Advances that aims to provide additional new resources, expertise and know-how to both expand and enhance the provision of business support available in London to potential scalable and investable businesses in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors.
Starting in July 2013 and running until June 2015 this programme aims to help 626 London based SMEs with high growth potential to receive intensive advice and practical support that will enable at least 184 of them to raise collectively over £9.5m of investment funding from business angels and early stage venture capitalist and thereby enable these SME’s to create a minimum 284 new jobs in London.
To deliver a programme of interventions and activities the CAP has assembled a partnership comprising of the leading players in London that support early stage entrepreneurs in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors, this includes EcoMachines Incubator.
EcoMachines Incubator, a London-based seed fund, is looking for an experienced marketing professional to provide high-level mentoring and support to companies entering EcoMachines’ Accelerator Programme. The position would require a part-time commitment for an initial 6 month engagement. Depending on results, it is expected that this will become a long-term retainer.
This contract will be procured and managed by Capital Enterprise.
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for deliverers of enterprise support services in London. It facilitates entrepreneurship via its 70+ (current) member organisations and through the development of new and innovative pan-London programmes. Our members provide support services to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small business in all 33 London Boroughs.
About the Role
You will be working with a small team based in Rainmaking Loft, a collaborative working space in Central London, with our portfolio companies, and our network of mentors and advisors.
The role will involve providing high-level support for EcoMachines and its portfolio companies:
- Mentoring and coaching companies in EcoMachines’ Accelerator programme on their marketing and communications strategy
- Building stakeholder relationships for companies in EcoMachines’ Accelerator programme, including with universities, KTNs and industry associations
- Planning and coordinating the media and events strategy of EcoMachines’ Accelerator programme
The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working with multiple stakeholders, and will have:
- At least 5 years of marketing experience
- Experience developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to do a lot with little!
- Good writing skills
- Good knowledge of direct marketing
- Good knowledge of social media/digital marketing strategies
Desirable attributes include:
- Experience working with start-ups and SMEs
- Experience working with a VC fund or Accelerator
- Knowledge of the energy, industrials and Cleantech industries
The contract is available for a 6 month period. Payment is £1,500 p.m. for a part-time engagement.
Process and timescales
Candidates must respond to this consultancy brief by emailing Carly Lloyd (email@example.com) with a quote and a detailed response to demonstrate your skills and attributes required for this role as well as a copy of your CV.
The closing date for submitting a quote is 12th December 2014
The contract will last until 31st July 2015