ERDF Consultancy Brief: Startupbootcamp Marketing and Content Manager
Capital Accelerator Programme is a Mayor of London ERDF funded initiative led and managed by Capital Enterprise and UCL Advances that aims to provide additional new resources, expertise and know-how to both expand and enhance the provision of business support available in London to potential scalable and investable businesses in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors.
Starting in July 2013 and running until June 2015 this programme aims to help 626 London based SMEs with high growth potential to receive intensive advice and practical support that will enable at least 184 of them to raise collectively over £9.5m of investment funding from business angels and early stage venture capitalist and thereby enable these SME’s to create a minimum 284 new jobs in London.
To deliver a programme of interventions and activities the CAP has assembled a partnership comprising of the leading players in London that support early stage entrepreneurs in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors, this includes Startupbootcamp.
Startupbootcamp is a highlightly selective global startup accelerator with 8 programs in London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Eindhoven and Israel, and a mentor and alumni network in more than 30 countries.
This contract will be procured and managed by Capital Enterprise.
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for deliverers of enterprise support services in London. It facilitates entrepreneurship via its 70+ (current) member organisations and through the development of new and innovative pan-London programmes. Our members provide support services to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small business in all 33 London Boroughs.
Startupbootcamp seeks a Marketing and Content Manager to execute the following duties:
- Global Marketing (40%)
- Lead all aspects of the Company’s identity by maintaining brand guidelines and coaching stakeholders to maximize the company brand and messaging
- Create and execute a comprehensive marketing program to grow the Company’s global exposure, including events, media/PR campaigns, social media, and other initiatives
- Instill a culture of content creation and storytelling by taking a hands-on approach to developing written, visual, and video content
- Manage the global events schedule and develop relationships that plug SBC into key conferences and pitch days market to create valuable exposure opportunities
- Improve the Startupbootcamp website and other online platforms through expanded analytics, SEO optimization, user experience, content, and improved aesthetics
- Deliver a methodological tracking system for all marketing activities including quantitative KPIs and a monthly global marketing report
- Program Marketing (40%)
- Provide in-depth marketing and content support to all SBC programs including being a coach to programs especially during the recruiting period of a program’s yearly cycle
- Act in a training capacity to ensure local programs have the necessary skills and resource and execute successful marketing and content creation programs
- Create innovative program support processes, materials, and platforms that take SBC programs to the next level and scale as SBC creates additional programs
- Update and expand existing program support resources and enable the systematic sharing of best practices through repeatable methods across all SBC programs
- Thought Leadership (10%)
- Position SBC as a startup ecosystem thought leader by transitioning Program, Startup, and Partner Support activity insights to innovative resources and materials
- Act as a SBC spokesperson at key industry events to enhance brand recognition and share insights that add value to the startup ecosystem
- Other Projects (10%)
- Proactively evaluate Startupbootcamp Global’s operations and explore opportunities to improve improve and expand competencies
- Support SBC Global Partners activities including exploring cross marketing avenues
- Support the creation of a detailed database of investor, corporate, and media contacts
The desired skills, qualifications, and experience for the Marketing and Content Manager role include:
- Graduate from an accredited university
- Over 2 years in a comparable marketing and content generation experience in the technology startup industry
- Ability to produce professional copywriting tailored to the voice of a company
- Proven skills analyzing and optimizing multiple marketing tactics
- Existing relationships with European technology startup media and conferences
The Marketing and Content Manager role will be located in London, UK
The Marketing and Content Manager role compensation will be £3050 per calendar month
Process and timescales
Candidates must respond to this consultancy brief by emailing Carly Lloyd (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a quote and a detailed response to demonstrate your skills and attributes required for this role as well as a copy of your CV.
The closing date for submitting a quote is 27th December 2014
The contract will last until 31st July 2015