ERDF Consultancy Brief: Startupbootcamp Analyst
Capital Accelerator Programme is a Mayor of London ERDF funded initiative led and managed by Capital Enterprise and UCL Advances that aims to provide additional new resources, expertise and know-how to both expand and enhance the provision of business support available in London to potential scalable and investable businesses in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors.
Starting in July 2013 and running until June 2015 this programme aims to help 626 London based SMEs with high growth potential to receive intensive advice and practical support that will enable at least 184 of them to raise collectively over £9.5m of investment funding from business angels and early stage venture capitalist and thereby enable these SME’s to create a minimum 284 new jobs in London.
To deliver a programme of interventions and activities the CAP has assembled a partnership comprising of the leading players in London that support early stage entrepreneurs in the Digital, Science and Technology sectors, this includes Startupbootcamp.
Startupbootcamp is a highlightly selective global startup accelerator with 8 programs in London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Eindhoven and Israel, and a mentor and alumni network in more than 30 countries.
This contract will be procured and managed by Capital Enterprise.
Capital Enterprise is the membership body for deliverers of enterprise support services in London. It facilitates entrepreneurship via its 70+ (current) member organisations and through the development of new and innovative pan-London programmes. Our members provide support services to both pre-start and trading entrepreneurs and small business in all 33 London Boroughs.
Startupbootcamp has grown quickly since 2010 to become Europe’s leading (and largest) startup accelerator. This massive growth has opened up opportunities for a small group of exceptional people to lead all aspects of scaling the organization.
Startupbootcamp’s global organization based in London is on the hunt for an amazing Analyst – a driven junkie who will support the global operations of all 9 (and growing) Startupbootcamp accelerator programs use their numbers and data efficiently to deliver incredible value.
We’re looking for somebody to:
- Own the creation of an expansive contact database that is highly valuable to both SBC as an organization and the SBC investment companies
- Research and create detailed analysis of investor, corporate, and media contacts
- Help source potential SBC investments including dealflow scouting and development
- Sort through SBC dealflow and scout startups that are applicable to SBC partner
- Create concise, and actionable diligence reports based on SBC partner criteria
- When necessary be able to walk SBC partners through your startup analysis
- Proactively evaluate Startupbootcamp Global’s operations and explore opportunities to improve improve and expand competencies
Is this you?
- A background in venture capital, databases and scouting deal flow.
- Some experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Self-starter: take charge and deliver on your own; pro-active, independent, action oriented.
- Attention to detail: you must be impeccably focused in a high pressure environment
- Metrics driven: very comfortable with Excel
- Acceleration: Knowledgeable of the accelerator market and passionate about startups
- Startup experience: there’s no HR person or support staff to rely on
- London: able to work out of our brand-spanking-new Global London HQ
- Witty sense of humor. We enjoy what we’re doing and enjoy a good laugh
- In-depth knowledge of startup accelerator operations and broader ecosystem
- An eye for aesthetics: we make many decks and other visuals
- You consider making a mistake a chance to learn and not a failure
- Knowledge of SQL or other similar packages
Process and timescales
Candidates must respond to this consultancy brief by emailing Carly Lloyd (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a quote and a detailed response to demonstrate your skills and attributes required for this role as well as a copy of your CV.
The closing date for submitting a quote is 9th September 2014
The contract will last until 31st July 2015